Definition of cookie
Cookies are text files that are stored on your computer through the software / program you use to browse the Internet. These files are essential for the provision of information society services and have been part of it since the first Internet browsers. They are used to store information about: browsing patterns, preferences in the configuration of web applications, visit statistics, social networks, among others. They can also be used to identify the user.
Types of cookies
According to the manager:
- Own cookies: They are those that we send to the User’s computer from the domain managed by the Owner to provide the service requested by the User.
- Third-party cookies: They are those that are sent to the User’s computer from a computer or domain that is not managed by the Owner, but by another entity.
According to the time they are active
- Session cookies: They are a type of cookies designed to collect and store data while the User accesses a web page.
- Permanent cookies: They are a type of cookies in which the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed during a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
According to its purpose
- Technical cookies: They are those that allow the User to navigate through a web page, platform or application and the use of the different options or services that exist in it, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing to parts of restricted access, remember the elements that make up an order, carry out the process of purchasing an order, make the request for registration or participation in an event, use security elements while browsing, store content for the dissemination of videos or sound or share content through social networks.
- Functional cookies:They are those that allow the User to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through which the service is accessed, the regional configuration. from where you access the service, etc.
- Analytical cookies: They are those that allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyze the behavior of the Users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of the websites, application or platform and to create navigation profiles of the users of said sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements in function of the analysis of the usage data made by the users of the service.
- Location cookies: They are used to know where a user is when requesting a service. This cookie is anonymous and is used for example to provide you with the appropriate information depending on the country you are in.
- Advertising cookies: They are those that allow you to manage in the most efficient way possible the offer of the advertising spaces that are on the website, adapting the content of the advertisement to the content of the requested service or to the use you make of our website. These cookies store information on the behavior of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
- Accept cookies, which will not show the notice again
- Close the notice, with what is hidden on the page you are viewing.
- Modify the configuration, changing the cookie management options in the browsers you use.
Consent and cookie settings
The User can withdraw his consent to the use of the Cookies Policy at any time, for this he will proceed to eliminate the cookies stored on his computer through the settings and configurations of the Internet browser used, then different mechanisms for managing cookies are listed. in the most used browsers:
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-10
- Microsoft Edge: https://privacy.microsoft.com/es-es/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy
- FireFox: https://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/Borrar%20cookies
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=es
- Safari: https://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/es/cookies/
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Linux/10.60/es-ES/cookies.html
For other Internet browsers, consult the help provided by their developers. You can also manage cookies in your browser with add-ons or tools such as:
- Ghostery: www.ghostery.com/
- Your online choices: www.youronlinechoices.com/es/
- Privacy Badger: https://www.eff.org/es/privacybadger
- uBlock Origin, disponible en el chrome web store: https://chrome.google.com/webstore
List of cookies used
|PHPSESSID||Own||Session||Technique||Headline||Unique session identifier for the operation of the portal|
|_icl_visitor_lang_js||Own||Permanent||Functional||Headline||Responsible for identifying the language of the user’s browser to determine the language to be displayed on the web.|
|cookie_notice_accepted||Own||Permanent||Technique||Headline||Stores the acceptance of the cookie notice.|
|wpml_browser_redirect_test||Own||Permanent||Functional||Headline||Responsible for identifying the language of the user’s browser to determine the language to be displayed on the web, together with iclvisitor_lang_jrThirdparty services|
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/privacy
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
- Web browsers are the tools in charge of storing cookies, the Owner cannot guarantee the correct or incorrect handling of cookies by these browsers.
- In some cases it is necessary to install cookies so that the browser does not forget your decision not to accept them.